A Holistic Approach To Family Law
At Kuykendall & Broyles Law, PLLC, we know that nothing is more important than your family. If you’re facing divorce or custody issues with children, you may be losing sleep over all the uncertainties involved in this big life transition. We can ease your worries by providing the guidance you need to establish a solid foundation for this next phase in life.
Attorney Abby Broyles knows Oklahoma family law inside and out. She can help you by providing holistic guidance addressing the legal and practical considerations of issues such as:
- Child custody proceedings
- Child support determinations
- Property division
- Alimony (spousal support)
- Modifications of existing family law orders
- Adoption proceedings
- Guardianship proceedings
Working with our team, you can rest assured that your case is in good hands. We will work closely with you to develop a strategy that is tailored to your situation. Working together, we can help you pave the way toward the future you envision for yourself and your children.
Steps In An Oklahoma Divorce
While each case has its own unique circumstances and timeline, the following are general steps to expect in an Oklahoma divorce:
- Filing the divorce paperwork in court, which officially starts the case
- Attending a parenting plan conference (in some counties) to establish a temporary agreement
- Gathering financial documentation to establish an accurate picture of your assets and debts
- Negotiating or pursuing mediation to resolve issues
- Observing the 90-day waiting period to finalize the divorce (if children are involved)
- Going to trial if unresolved issues remain
When you work with our law firm, you can expect an upfront discussion about the possible steps in your case.
Our firm also provides representation in guardianship proceedings, both contested and uncontested. There are two types of guardianships in Oklahoma:
- Guardianship of a minor to obtain legal authority to make decisions on a child’s behalf
- Guardianship of an adult who is incapacitated and unable to legally make their own decisions
We can evaluate your circumstances and provide skilled representation through all stages of the guardianship proceedings.
Discuss Your Family Law Concerns | Free Consultation
Talk to a knowledgeable attorney about your family law situation. We are committed to helping you make the best decisions for your situation, so you can move forward with confidence. To get started, call our office in Norman at 405-253-4210 or reach out online. We handle family law cases throughout Oklahoma.